I’ve put together one central place for Lync for Mac 2011 resources so you’ve got one-stop-shop for information on the client. Whether it’s a problem you’ve encountered, device compatibility or you just need to know what the client looks like, you’ll find it here. Start off with my post Lync for Mac 2011 – A First Look.
The Enterprise Voice story on Lync for Mac 2011 is on par with the Windows client and enables your Mac users to enjoy the same great Lync experience as the rest of your organisation. As the Lync voice story develops on Mac, more scenarios are being discovered that are worth documenting, especially around devices.
There’s also a few really helpful articles on the Office for Mac 2011 website. Check these links out to dive a bit deeper into how the Mac client works.
- Lync for Mac 2011 Integration Requirements
- Lync for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2011
- Helpful Client Comparison Matrix –
Compare Lync for Mac 2011 with Communicator for Mac and Lync 2010 for Windows
- Managing Client Side Preferences – Lync for Mac 2011 – Managed Preferences
Other known problems
- Lync for Mac crashing? Check out this post from Mark Coughlan that might fix your problem.
I’ll keep this page updated with new information as it comes to hand. If you’ve got suggestions or questions, please make a comment below.