Whilst I was away at TechEd North America, another new update for Lync for Mac 2011 was announced by Microsoft, further closing the gap between the Windows and Mac clients.
The big-hitting improvements I’ve identified are:
- Visual voicemail in the Phone tab.
- Client recording notification (you’ll see a “Others are recording” notification when someone else starts recording the call or conference).
- Delegate (boss/admin) functionality (no team-call group control yet though).
- Call history is now displayed in addition to IM history within the Conversation History window.
- Local ringback tone for outgoing PSTN calls.
I haven’t had a chance to download and install this update yet (combination of now running Windows 8 on my MacBook Air and getting a Surface Pro), but will write up a full First Look post when I get a chance.
Further information and examples of new functionality are available on Nexthop and you can download it directly from Microsoft Support.