CU6 for Lync Server 2010 has arrived! This update is mostly bugfixes, but the big feature this CU provides is that Lync Phone Edition now supports wildcard certificates.
Non-Federated Meeting Issue Fixed
Fellow Modality consultant Tom Arbuthnot brought this issue to my attention a few months back. The scenario was that if you invited someone to a Lync meeting that also had Lync, but they’re weren’t federated with your organisation, they wouldn’t be able to join your meeting. This issue has been fixed in this cumulative update, check out the KB article on this for more info.
Download links are below. Make sure you patch all your Lync servers and clients ASAP.
- Updates for Lync Server. You just need the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe to update each server. Download here and view the corresponding KB article explaining what’s fixed.
Remember to do the backend database update!
- Update for Lync 2010 Client (64-bit) download here.
- Update for Lync 2010 Client (32-bit) download here.
- Update for Lync 2010 Group Chat Client download here.
Lync Phone Edition Updates:
- Update for Lync 2010 Phone Edition (Polycom CX500, CX600 & CX3000) download here.
- Update for Lync 2010 Phone Edition (Aastra 6721ip and Aastra 6725ip) download here.
- Update for Lync 2010 Phone Edition (HP 4110 and HP 4120) download here.
- Update for Lync 2010 Phone Edition (Polycom CX700 & LG Nortel 8540) download here.