February brings the first cumulative update for Lync 2013 since release. This update includes the following improvements on the RTM code:
- Enables users to hide offline contacts in the contact list.
- Enables users to receive buddy invites from untrusted networks.
Note This option is available under Alerts in Lync Options.
- Improves the support for high dots per inch (DPI) displays, for Microsoft Narrator, and for other accessibility features.
- Fixes bugs that are related to Location sharing and settings.
- Fixes bugs that are related to Tabbed Conversations.
- Enables participants to join online meetings by dialing out to their telephone number if online meetings are scheduled by a non-audio-enabled Lync 2013 user.
- Improves the handling of devices that have both a front-facing and rear-facing camera.
- Improves the user experience when you join a Lync meeting in a Lync Room System-enabled room.
KB article detailing more info and download links here.
Note that you must install two files for this to be applied – the Lyncloc and Msores packages. This patch is only for the Lync 2013 client. Lync Server 2013 updates are not yet available.
By the way, I hope everyone has an awesome time at the Lync Conference in San Diego next week. I unfortunately won’t be able to attend, so have a beer for me. 🙂